Hello hello, dear friends! (Music? Yes, please. I’ve had this song in my head ever since watching Boss Baby with our niece and nephew over a week ago…)
The air conditioner has been running nonstop. It’s officially the middle of summer, the hottest of the hot, the muggiest of the muggy. (I won’t lie to you – a certain season called Autumn has been on my mind a lot lately and its brought only smiles on my face…) Sometimes when it’s too hot out, I like to turn the air conditioner way up, shut the curtains so it’s nice and dark, turn on only dim lamps and the fireplace, light a few candles, and pretend I need to snuggle with Rusty for warmth while the blizzard roars outside. I watch movies like The Holiday, drink hot tea or coffee, and cuddle under a big cozy blanket. Lucky me, when I’ve had enough I just walk outside to soak in the sun and water the garden. Best of both worlds. :)
You might know I have an Instagram account, and because of the easiness and quickness of it, I post there almost daily and use it as a mini blog. So, I thought I’d incorporate a little recap at the end of each month using some of my Instagram stories – give you a little catch up on what’s been going on over here. Obviously I’m a little late to the show since it’s already July 10th, but what’s the phrase? Better late than never? :)
So here’s June at a glance:
- Our garden has been thriving. We’re learning new things all the time (which is really the most fun part) and we’re eating veggies straight from the garden (next year we’ll know that we only need one kale plant, two at most. We have 4 and it’s impossible to keep up with it all).
- I finally painted my office walls!! They used to be like a sea green (from the previous owners) and now it’s a light blue. I love it!!
- I’ve been watercoloring on and off, mostly for myself. I try to have a plan for it and I try hard to paint things that could be useful for my adventure, but sometimes a girl just has to paint her little heart’s desires. (Last week I painted Mickey Mouse. Needless to say I went to bed happy and on cloud nine.)
- I blogged the Best of Engagements and Best of Weddings this month – what a lovely finale to the past 5 years. :)
- We’ve been enjoying thunderstorms and bonfires as much as we’re allowed. The bonfires are difficult this time of year – mosquitoes love Paul a ridiculous amount so we stay in more now that it’s getting muggier.
- ‘Twas National Best Friend Day. Paul = bff. :)
- Rusty and I have truly been enjoying being with each other again during the days. Every day starts the same – Paul leaves for work, I hit “snooze” 20 times, I roll over to the sweetest little puppy curled up perfectly against my back, we stroll downstairs for foods and drinks, we cuddle on my office chair while I (try to) work, we sneak in a nap (if we remember), and we both get really excited when we here Paul get home.
- I shared a blog post about my watercolor supplies! I was thrilled with the feedback and will definitely be writing more posts that are helpful to you all.
- Paul scored BEAUTIFUL tickets to a Twins game. Friends, I almost cried. I have never been so close at a Twins game. The sky was so blue, the field was so green, the players were so close!! It was a dream, a true “Dear Diary moment.”
- Besides painting things for my new adventure and for myself, I’ve been dabbling in creating pages for my future/someday/gigantic dream – a book. (I feel so exposed telling you that, but there it is. Dream #1 in my life.)
- ‘Twas Father’s Day and my darling daddy got a homemade card (Field of Dreams reference if you think the van painting doesn’t make sense. :)). He really is the best. I always told him I’d marry someone like him and all the good strong qualities my dad has, I found in Paul. Hip hip hurray. :)
- My new website is still a work in progress. Can I be honest? I’m stuck on it right now. I just can’t decide how I want it to be laid out. I keep playing with it, hoping an idea will strike me. Until it does, I just keep on toying with it, moving this over there, using that photo instead of this one, etc. My goal is to have it done by the end of summer…
- I’m still in my Masters program for Library Studies and my current class is my favorite. It’s all about children’s literature so I’m just having an absolute ball. I’ve needed an excuse to read a bunch of books sitting on my bookshelf and now I have one! I just finished Wind in the Willows and I adored it. I knew I would. Walt Disney loved it, of course I would, too. (The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad was based off of it and I’ve always loved it.)
- We flew to California for the weekend in the end of June for our wonderful friends’ wedding. It was gorgeous (photographer’s dream wedding!!), Paul looked handsome as ever as a groomsman, and we met some truly great people. It was a short and sweet stay and we’re so happy for them. (I love being a guest at a wedding…:))
And that’s about it, friends! July has already been off to a wonderful and exciting start. My summer class is almost done, the days are getting shorter already (not by much, no worries), the tomatoes and peppers are growing wonderfully, the raspberries are flourishing (we can’t keep up with them either!), 4th of July was perfect, we celebrated being together for 9 years, and – dare I say it – Christmas in July is just around the corner!! :)
And now it’s time for bed, time to read, time to snuggle with my boys. Have a lovely night/day, whenever you’re reading this, and enjoy these blissful days of summer, friends. Xoxoxo