It’s still November, the month of being thankful, so here I am, still reminding myself of things I am thankful for. What kind of wife would I be if I didn’t include the man friend? No worries, this won’t be mushy or long.
If you don’t already know this, Paul is co-shooter and co-owner of Nikki Tran Photography. Typically when people find out we’re married they say, “Oh wow! I could never work with my husband/wife…” or something similar. I am so thankful that we have the kind of relationship where we’re not only husband and wife, but we’re also the best of friends. I’m not kidding. We finish each other’s sentences, know what each other is thinking just by a glance at their eyes, laugh way too much together, have a gazillion inside jokes, and we can work amazing together.
So, I’m thankful for…
– Paul having the career he has which allows me to pursue my dream career and work from home.
– Paul working all day long and then sacrificing his nights off to meet clients with me.
– Paul dealing with my controlling-ness during photo shoots (especially weddings…).
– Paul rechecking our bags before a wedding just in case I forgot anything.
– Paul researching new equipment to buy (because let’s be honest, I don’t think I’ll ever stop wanting new lenses).
– Paul cleaning my lenses when I accidentally get little dust particles on them.
– Paul helping me create new goals for my business and our future.
– Paul working weddings and engagement shoots on his weekends off.
– Paul driving to Panera to pick up breakfast for us before a wedding (Panera is a wedding ritual for us).
– Paul not complaining on the days when I work well into the night, barely getting to spend time with him.
– Paul pushing me to be better everyday.
– Paul praising me and my work, especially on days when I have way too many doubts.
And I could go on and on and on. But I shan’t. I shall just add this: Paul’s awesome and I will never fire him.
Have a wonderful weekend, friends. :)